THOMAS KOEPPEN, Berlin, Germany
* Email: tkoeppen_@_gmail.com
* Web: http://tkoeppen.com
* gtalk: tkoeppen_@_gmail.com
* skype: tomondev
* Mobile: +49 174 2342758
- mobile and executive professional in the mobile and web arena
- accountable for overall planning, analyzing, designing and developing ecommerce web applications (mobile area) of high caliber
- Directs all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including the requirements analysis, architecture design, development, testing, deployment and ongoing support for all web-based applications and services.
- Manages staff ranging to 35, spanning multiple parties including onshore, near-shore and offshore vendors.
- Directs the continual upgrading of procedures and software to maintain currency with technological progress, economic change and business needs.
- Member of Senior IT Leadership Team, Mentoring and guidance support for senior information technology management.
- Ensures that all implementations are consistent with Audible’s SDLC standards and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Ensures effective policies and procedures are developed and maintained for the organization.
- Evaluates and reports on the impact of changes across multiple applications.
- Coordinates application development activities of project team’s leaders.
- Ensures the training of staff members to develop their skills and maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the selection and performance management of staff members.
Freelancer, Architect (2008 – today)
- Software and System Architecture, Design+Implementation
- PHP: Symfony Framework
- API Design and Implementation, XUL and XPCOM
- Database and Production Design and Setup
- Tool Environment Design+Setup (Jira, Confluence, PostgreSQL, osticket, hudson, subversion etc.)
- Test Infected Development (junit, jameleon)
Excecutive Director, Portal Applications Development (2001 – 2008)
Jamba!, a Joint Venture between News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A) and VeriSign, Inc. (NASDAQ, VRSN), Berlin, Germany
- Over 5 years of technology management with a focus on web-based Software Development, System Integration and Enterprise Architecture
- Hands-on technologist; able to distill business needs into technology solutions by understanding all facets of the product life cycle (from business vision through deployment)
- Practitioner of Agile Methodologies such as Scrum
- Software Development Life Cycle Management (SDLC):
o Methodologies: Agile Scrum, V-model, Waterfall
o Technologies: Netbeans, Intellij Idea, Eclipse, Subversion, CVS, JIRA, Bugzilla, Microsoft (Office, Project, Visio)
- Programming Languages & Technologies:
o PHP, Symfony Framework
- Application Servers and Frameworks:
o SpringSource dm-server 1.0, Spring Framework 2.5.x, Freemarker, Sitemesh
o BEA Weblogic 8.1, JBoss 4.x , Apache Jakarta (Tomcat 5.x, 6.x, Struts 1.x), Apache Web Server (httpd)
- Database Servers & Tools:
o Oracle 8.x, Oracle 10.x, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Toad, Golden
- Content Management Systems (CMS) & Collaboration Systems:
o Blogger, Wikis, Confluence, WordPress, Typo
- Operating Systems:
o Ubuntu, Debian Linux, Sun Solaris/Unix, Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista), Redhat Linux, VMWare
- Web Service Protocols:
o HTTP, XML-RPC, SOAP, WSDL, JSON
o OpenId, Public APIs
Environment: BEA Weblogic 8.1, Jboss, Java, J2EE, Struts, Apache Web Server, Oracle, Debian, Ubuntu Linux, Sun Solaris, Confluence, Jira